How to eat well!
So, you want to fuel your cells with the best nutrients to keep them healthy, allowing them to regenerate and repair as well as possible. Last week we spoke about WHY this is important (if you haven’t watched that video, check it out here). This weeks video explains the HOW. The foods, the nutrients, and what to cut back on.
- Green Veg packs the most punch when it comes to nutrients per calorie. They are jam packed with vitamins and minerals that support healthy body function. They also contain antioxidants, that help reduce oxidative stress in our bodies.
- Lean meats provide the protein and some healthy fats, that fuel our cells, provide building blocks for muscle health, and enable good energy patterns throughout the day
- Good fats such as avocado and coconut oil are great for our body, and help with arteriole and capillary health. Eating fats does not make you fat. Unhealthy fats, such as vegetable oils and processed foods are ones to avoid.
What to avoid
- Processed foods and meats, which are high in preservatives and linked to chronmic health conditions
- Avoid beige coloured foods, such as biscuits, chips, breads. These foods are often high in sugar, and processed carbs
- Sugary drinks contain a high content of sugar, that are linked to health conditions like type II diabetes. Fruit juice is included in this.
Remember, start with adding the good stuff first, then you can slowly reduce or remove the bad.